The Rib Mountain Repeater Association
Minutes of the Meeting of the Board of Directors
20 October 2008
WHRM-DTV Tech Workshop, Rib Mountain
Board members present:
Rich Maier KC9NW
Dean Andrewjeski K9PT
Paul Nelles K9DB
(Brian Seehafer N9ATQ was out of the country.)
The meeting was called to order at 19:16 CDT by President Rich Maier KC9NW.
Secretary’s Report: K9DB
- (There were no board meetings held in July or August.)
- Minutes of the meeting of 15 September 2008 were read and accepted as read by consensus.
Treasurer’s Report: N9ATQ
- There was no report due to the absence of the treasurer.
Call for Nominations:
- K9DB reported that four nominations were received for the five board postions available. They are Rich Maier KC9NW, Dean Andrewjeski K9PT, Paul Nelles K9DB, and Brian Seehafer N9ATQ.
- According to the By Laws, these four will automatically be elected, and the fifth position will be filled by nomination from the floor at the annual meeting, and subsequent ballot if needed.
144.81/145.41 Repeater at Brighton:
- K9PT reported that he has contacted several tower crews regarding the 144.81/145.41 MHz antenna installation at the Brighton. No decision made pending funding.
PL on 146.82:
- WAR has mandated all repeaters in the state activate PL on the inputs by January 1st 2009. It was decided to implement PL on 146.82 sometime after the annual meeting. All other RMRA machines have input PL.
Shuttle Mission STS-126 Audio Broadcast:
- K9PT announced that STS-126 is scheduled to launch in early November. Audio will be carried on the 145.41 machine.
- The date for the Annual General Membership Meeting was set at November 8th.
- The program will be a D-Star demonstration by K9PT and KC9NW.
- KC9NW presented a draft of the annual mailing to be sent out in late October to announce the annual meeting. No election ballots for the board are needed.
Topics from the Floor:
Meeting adjourned 20:35 CDT.
Paul Nelles K9DB