The Rib Mountain Repeater Association
Minutes of the Meeting of the Board of Directors
15 September 2008
WHRM-DTV Tech Workshop, Rib Mountain
Board members present:
Rich Maier KC9NW
Brian Seehafer N9ATQ
Dean Andrewjeski K9PT
Paul Nelles K9DB
The meeting was called to order at 19:10 CDT by President Rich Maier KC9NW.
Secretary’s Report: K9DB
(There were no board meetings held in July or August.)
Printed copies of the minutes of the meeting of 16 June 2008 were read and accepted as
read by consensus.
Treasurer’s Report: N9ATQ
- The treasury stands at $308.63.
- $700 in donations were made to the RMRA for the expressed purpose of paying for a tower rigging crew to install the new tri-band antenna at the 175 fool level. This installation is complete and the bill for $700 has been paid.
- There are no other outstanding bills.
- Accepted as presented by consensus.
Callsign change for EchoLink:
- K9PT annouced that the callsign on the echolink system is in the process of being changed from K9PT to W9BCC.
144.81/145.41 Repeater at Brighton:
- K9PT reported that funds are still being sought for the 144.81/145.41 MHz antenna installation at the Brighton.
- K9DB reported that the duplexer loan agreement between the RMRA and the Black River Amateur Radio Association is due for renewal. He said that he had contacted the BRARA leadership but has received no response. The Board approved renewing the agreement for another year. K9DB will handle finalizing the agreement details with BRARA.
1.2 GHz Repeater:
- K9PT reported the Diamond X6000A tri-band antenna (2m/70cm/23cm) has been installed at the 175 ft level location. Donations of $700 were received that paid for this.
- K9PT has notified WAR that the voice system is operational.
- A detailed discussion was held on the pros and cons of various repeater controllers, with no decision being made.
- The annual mailing will be sent out in early October. If election ballots for the board are needed, they will be sent with it.
- D-Star demonstration for a program was offered by K9PT.
Topics from the Floor:
Meeting adjourned 20:45 CDT.
Paul Nelles K9DB