The Rib Mountain Repeater Association
Minutes of the Meeting of the Board of Directors
18 January 2010
WHRM-DT Tech Workshop, Rib Mountain
Board members present:
Rich Maier KC9NW
Dean Andrewjeski K9PT
Paul Nelles K9DB
Brian Seehafer N9ATQ
Tony Hermanek K9QM
Fred Prehn WX9W
Dan Sharpee KB9RXA
Dave Peters KC9LFG
The meeting was called to order at 19:20 CST by President Rich Maier KC9NW.
Secretary’s Report: K9DB
- Minutes of the meeting of November 2009 were not available so the reading was dispensed with. The November minutes were taken by KC9NW and were forwarded to the secretary but not on his laptop.
Treasurer’s Report: N9ATQ
- RMRA Treasurer’s Report as of today:
- K9PT reported the Link Communications RLC-DSP404 controller is being burned in on the workbench. It has been working flawlessly and will be installed on the system before spring.
- N9ATQ reported he has received a $138.92 bill for the 2010 Brighton tower lease with the State.
- N9ATQ will pay the bill. No board approval was necessary as annual payment was approved by the board when the lease was oringinally agreed upon.
- Bob Greenheck KB9ACQ has offered the donantion of a complete D-STAR system, 144 MHz, 440 MHz, and 1.2 GHz; digital and voice; and the controller. Value of the system is approximately $6,000.
- K9QM moved and N9ATQ seconded that the donation of a complete D-STAR system from Bob Greenheck KB9ACQ be accepted. The motion passed unanimously.
- K9PT annouced that the system has been installed and is operational from Rib Mountain.
- KC9NW announced that he is drafting a letter of acceptance that Greenheck can use as proof of donation for tax purposes.
Topics from the Floor:
Meeting adjourned 20:35 CST.
Paul Nelles K9DB