The Rib Mountain Repeater Association
Minutes of the Meeting of the Board of Directors
18 October 2010
Prehn Dental Office 2nd Floor Meeting Room, Wausau
Board members present:
The meeting was called to order at 19:10 CDT by President KC9NW.
Secretary’s Report: K9DB
- Printed copies of the minutes of the meeting of 20 September 2010 were distributed. The minutes were accepted as presented by consensus.
Treasurer’s Report: N9ATQ
- Balance $837.54. No change from September meeting.
- The report was accepted as presented by consensus.
WX9W Repeater at Wyeville
- WX9W reported that he has received a WAR frequency pair allocation for his proposed repeater at Wyeville in Monroe County of 144.550 MHz input 145.150 MHz output with a 131.8 Hz CTCSS.
- KC9NW – The repeater is running with no new issues.
There have been no occurances of the apparent wind induced noise on the system in the last month. This noise had been observed on a high wind day on September 7th.
Proposed RMRA “Broadcast Repeater” on Rib Mountain:
- K9DB reported that he has contacted Coy Sawyer, the manager of WCLQ-FM on Rib Mountain regarding the possibility of a new UHF input VHF output repeater on Rib Mountain at the WCLQ site. Sawyer is reviewing a fact sheet supplied by K9DB.
November 6th from 13:00 to 17:00 at the Community room at the Marathon County Public Library
- K9DB reported that he sent an invitation via e-mail to the ARES Leadership listening session at the Annual Meeting to all active ARES ECs for the 15 counties in the footprints of the RMRA repeaters, the District ECs, the Wisconsin SEC, and Wisconsin Section Manager. All members of the RMRA board were cc’ed on the invitation. As of October 18th, no response had been received.
- K9PT reported on Internet access alternatives. He has been looking at hardware to establish an WI-FI or other RF link. A link to KC9NW’s home location would be easier than a link to K9PT’s home.
- No change in status.
Topics from the Floor
Meeting adjourned 20:25 CDT.
Paul Nelles K9DB