The Rib Mountain Repeater Association
Minutes of the Meeting of the Board of Directors
Sunday 29 January 2012
Prehn Dental Office 2nd Floor Meeting Room, Wausau
Board members/Officers present:
The meeting was called to order at 18:24 CST by President KC9NW.
Secretary’s Report: K9DB
- Minutes of the last meeting and minutes of the annual meeting were not available.
Treasurer’s Report: N9ATQ
- N9ATQ was absent but sent his report to KC9NW who reported $121.91 in checking
Election of Officers:
By consensus the officers for 2011-2012 were kept the same as in 2010-2011:
- President Rich Maier KC9NW
- Vice President Dean Andrewjeski K9PT
- Secretary Paul Nelles K9DB
- Treasurer Brian Seehafer N9ATQ – N9ATQ is a non-board member.
The non-officer board members are Tony Hermanek K9QM and Dave Peters KC9LFG.
Rib Mountain Systems
- No outstanding issues
- The antenna replacement done in 2011 appears to have been successful.
- The new controller was installed in late November on the UHF system.
- The repeater is getting dropped off the IRLP network because of a long hang time and courtesy tone being passed. The human administrators have been dropping the link. Options are being examined.
- Tower lease is due shortly. It should be $120 for fiscal 2012.
- No new issues.
- Still looking at linking to Rib Mountain.
- The Wisconsin D-STAR Net is thinking about moving to Wednesday night from Sunday night. Sunday night conflicts with RMRA Swapnet.
- The new controller was installed in late November on the 449.3/444.3 system on Rib Mountain.
- K9PT gave a demonstration of “DSP 4 Remote Control Interface”, the software that allows remote connection to the controller.
RMRA Web Site:
- KC9LFG will assume the duties of redesigning the website.
Sunday Night Swap Net
· Net Controllers are needed as KC9NW is often working Sunday nights.
K9JPS Memorial Callsign Application
- Although current FCC rules appear to prohibit clubs from holding more than one vanity call, the RMRA application to convert KC9TNN to K9JPS may go through because that application was made before the restriction was in place. The application was rejected because the FCC had no proof that Lew Sheerar was deceased. Dave Peters will look into re-applying with the obituary.
Amateur Radio Based Internet:
- K9PT gave a presentation with projected graphics on several wireless internet systems that could be configured in the Amateur bands. This could enhance conventional digital modes and provide more options.
Meeting adjourned 20:12 CST.
Paul Nelles K9DB