The Rib Mountain Repeater Association
Minutes of the Meeting of the Board of Directors
26 April 2010
WHRM-DT Tech Workshop, Rib Mountain
Board members present:
Rich Maier KC9NW
Dean Andrewjeski K9PT
Paul Nelles K9DB
Tony Hermanek K9QM
Mike Martens KB9VBR - Marathon County Emergency Coordinator
Travis Augustine W9HDG – Marathon County Assistant Emergency Coordinator
Fred Prehn WX9W
The meeting was called to order at 19:28 CDT by President Rich Maier KC9NW.
Secretary’s Report: K9DB
- Printed copies of the minutes of the meeting of March 15th 2010 were distributed. The minutes were accepted as presented with one correction.
Treasurer’s Report: N9ATQ
- No report was available as the treasurer was not present.
- The Marathon County ARES leadership was invited to report to them the progress of the RMRA over the last year and to get their input as to their repeater needs.
- KC9NW gave a synopsis of RMRA activity over the past year including the new controller for 146.82, the Brighton Repeater, and the D-STAR “complete rack”.
- KB9VBR and W9HDG were asked for their “wishlists”.
- W9HDG said their main shortage was manpower.
- W9HDG said he would like to see a backup for WINLINK and inquired if the RMRA 1.2 GHz D-STAR repeater could be used as an alternative.
- KB9VBR said he appreciated knowing the RMRA has five 1.2 GHZ units available.
· K9PT and KC9NW set a date of May 1st to program the repeater contoller. After programming, the controller should be ready for deployment on the 146.22/.82 repeater.
- The mast sections for the antennas have been dropped off for powder coat finishing.
- K9PT has secured tower crew that will be able to accomplish the installation in a single day for $1500 reported that there is also a source of 500 feet of 1 5/8 inch transmission line for about $1200. The board approved the purchase provided sufficient cash is available.
- WX9W said the Walter Alexander Foundation Board meets on June 18th. He suggesed sending a Thank You letter stating that the Brighton system is on the air ready to handle severe weather information.
Topics from the Floor:
Meeting adjourned 21:07 CDT.
Paul Nelles K9DB