The Rib Mountain Repeater Association
Minutes of the Meeting of the Board of Directors
16 August 2010
Prehn Dental Office 2nd Floor Meeting Room, Wausau
Board members present:
Rich Maier KC9NW
Dean Andrewjeski K9PT
Paul Nelles K9DB
Brian Seehafer N9ATQ
Tony Hermanek K9QM
Dan Sharpee KB9RXA
Fred Prehn WX9W
The meeting was called to order at 19:10 CDT by President KC9NW.
Secretary’s Report: K9DB
- Printed copies of the minutes of the meeting of 19 July 2010 were distributed. The minutes were accepted as presented by consensus.
Treasurer’s Report: N9ATQ
- Balance $813.88.
- $1,600.00 was paid to K9PT to cover the Brighton tower crew and the top tieback support.
- $120.00 for the annual tower rent to the ECB for the Brighton site.
- $138.92 was credited to the account for the lost ECB check.
- The report was accepted as presented by consensus.
WX9W Repeater at Wyeville
- Fred WX9W has submitted the frequency allocation request for a repeater near Wyeville in Monroe County.
- KC9NW – A donated surplus and refurbished 3kva uninterruptible power supply has been installed at the Brighton site.
- A lightning suppressor was also installed.
- No change in its status but personal schedules should allow for installation in the next month.
- By consensus the date and time was set as November 6th from 13:00 to 17:00 with a backup date of November 13th.
- The tentative location will be the community room at the Marathon County Public Library.
ARES Leadership Listening Session
- K9DB proposed inviting the ARES leadership from the counties in the footprints of the RMRA repeaters. This would include the Coloma and possibly the WX9W system at Wyeville.
- The question about the annual program arose.
- It was decided to make a decision on this at the September meeting.
Internet Access at the Rib Mountain Repeater Site
- K9PT reported that the Internet line serving the repeater site has been down for about 3 ½ weeks. This is not an urgent situation for the company providing the line. With these reliability problems, K9PT suggested that the RMRA look into an alternative way of accessing the Internet.
- Possible alternatives include linking from a private home or business.
Discussion on RMRA Short and Long Range Goals
- Possibility of operating the VHF antennas on Rib Mountain as split system.
- Backup Internet connection at Rib Mountain (see New Business)
- Link, possibly 2-way, to Brighton
- Link to Coloma
- Repeater and remote in Portage County Town of Linwood
Meeting adjourned 20:45 CDT.
Paul Nelles K9DB